I miss my husband terribly. I hope he knows how incredibly proud of him I am, and how much I love him. This first deployment is a big deal. He's going to be changing and growing as a person in his time away, and I feel I owe it to myself to be doing the same.
I'm not one of those people who can sit around and do nothing. I have big plans for spending my "me time" while DH is away, and I hope I can accomplish all my goals in this next year. These are the things I'm planning to do:
It might sounds a little Stepford, but I like to learn how to do more typical "wife" things. To the great disappointment of my ILs, I do not have dinner ready on the table each day when DH would get home from work. I'm just not that girl. However, I would like to learn to cook. There are 6 things that I can cook from scratch, and one of them, I literally blew up last week. As in, the glass pan literally exploded. Don't ask. My friend and I are also going to take the Wilton cake decorating class, and I'm really excited for that.
I would also like to learn how to sew. My Grandma gave me her sewing machine before she passed away, and I think it's time I learn how to put it to good use. Taking up closet space still in the box is not good use. I have been looking for new throw pillows for the couch since we are redoing the living room. I can't find anything I like, and if I do, it's insanely expensive. It's a square of material stuffed with fluff for goodness sake - surely I can handle that! Famous last words, perhaps, but I'm going to try.
I want to be in better shape, and I'm going to do something about it. I am psyched to start back at Tae Kwon Do (I took it for 10 years when I was younger) and dancing again. I'm going to take line dancing classes, as well as jazz and tap.
I've almost finished getting everything to redecorate the house, too. That's been a great therapy, actually - knowing that I'm getting everything finished and comfortable for me, and for when Justin comes home.
Lastly, I'm still waiting on my referral to my new RE. Hopefully we can get the ball rolling on the repeat loss testing they want to do, as well as the HSG and possibly other things. I'm ready to start preparing for IUI's, but obviously I can't move forward until I've gotten all my results, and hopefully some answers, so that we can get the best possible plan for me.
Ok, ADD - I'm bored of writing and going to get lunch.

1 comment:
I wish we lived closer! A lot of the things you want to learn are things I want to learn (and they're on my 101 list). It'd be so fun to have a friend out here to try those new things with.
By the way, have I told you how proud I am of you? I think you're just amazing girl! :)
Post a Comment