Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The power of prayer...

...is astounding. God is so good.

"For this Child, I have prayed..."
-1 Samuel 1:27-

Miracles happen. I got mine yesterday.

Photobucket

I'm ecstatic. Nervous. Grateful. And about 10 other emotions that can't be conveyed in words. Justin leaves this month for deployment. This was our last chance to start a family for the next year, and we were trying to be positive without setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Which I guess, is the same boat I'm still in. Cautiously optimistic, I should say.

I always hated the cliche "everything happens for a reason" when people tried to comfort me about losing Savannah. It hurt to think I lost her for a reason, but I'm starting to learn more that God really does have a plan for us, and we just can't see it at the time.

This was our miracle BFP after all we've been through and with the obstacle of the deployment. Justin's scheduled R&R falls when I'm due - and I wasn't pregnant when he requested those dates. I just have to believe that there is a reason the timing worked out like it did, and that this will be our take home baby.

I miss Pumpkin. I will love her forever, and she will always be our first baby. But I also think about that I was due July 11. Justin would have come home next year to a 1 year old that didn't know who he was. Now I would obviously rather have dealt with that situation that to have lost her, but like to think our angel baby is looking out for her little brother or sister. That there will be a baby that we never would have known if we hadn't gone through losing SG. That there was a reason for it after all. My heart needs to believe that.

I am praying everyday that this baby grows stronger and bigger. Praying for the safety of their Daddy and the other men and women serving around the world. That Daddy will get to meet them when he comes home from war. That he or she will be healthy and happy and know how much we love them. Please little baby, stick with me. I promise you, Daddy and I will love you more than anything.

I guess that's about all for now!

I've taken the link to this blog off of my Facebook. The only people that know about the new baby are the girls on my board, and my parents. I would appreciate if anyone reading is my friend on Facebook, that you not mention it on there so I may share with family in my own time. Thank you!

11 comments:

BBH said...

YAY! I'm so happy for yall!

Unknown said...

Soooooooo happy for you guys!! :) God is so awesome, isn't He?!? Praying for you, your husband, and your growing baby!! Let me know if you need anything!

MV said...

I'm so so happy for you hon! Congrats!

Becca said...

Yay!!! i still can't believe! i'm so unbelievably glad God brought us together to go the crazy ttcal journey and now, we get to continue on to pgal together. God is so good! stick babies stick, grow babies grow! love you girly!

Lauren said...

Congratulations!!!

Becky said...

Congrats Kel! I'm so happy for you & will definitely be praying for you. I wish you have a happy, healthy 9 months!

Maureen said...

I am so very excited for you!!!

Ashley said...

I am so happy for you congrats!!!

Molly O. said...

I'm so happy for you, Kelly : ) This will be your take home baby, and you're right God is good.

Celeste said...

Oh Kelly, I am still just so so happy for you. Reading this gives me chills and seriously almost brought me to tears. God is so good!

Anonymous said...

免費視訊交友聊天
一夜.情視訊聊天室
美女視訊直播
live173影音live秀-免費視訊
色情視訊聊天室
情色視訊聊天室
成人免費視訊聊天室
金瓶梅視訊聊天室
showlive視訊聊天網
live173

Post a Comment