Monday, June 21, 2010

Wonderful Weekend.

Justin and I have been making the absolute most of our time together. We've been going to whatever restaurants he wanted to go to, which has been fun but bittersweet because we know each time that it's our last trip there together for the next year. Going to movies, going on trips - just anything we feel like doing while we still can. Thursday night we went bowling on base. We went bowling on our first date 4 and a half years ago, and we still enjoy going together! On Friday, we went to see Killers, which was pretty funny. On Saturday we went to the lake for the day, which was so fun. We swam, lounged on on the beach, and Justin got to do the water slides.

Photobucket

Sunday was of course Father's Day, and I wanted it to be special for Justin. Mother's Day was a pretty big fail, but yesterday we certainly had something to celebrate. I made him a car from the cats, Pumpkin Angel, and Baby Longhorn and he loved it. We went to lunch at our favorite mexican restaurant, and tried out a new church last night.

We chose to try this church because they had an evening service, but now I feel like we found it for a reason. We'd yet to find a home church in our 9 months in Texas, and it kind of stinks that we find it right before Justin leaves, but we are still so grateful. I'm thrilled that I will have this church to be a part of while he is away. Before the service actually started, the pastor made a few announcements. One of them was looking for a few more volunteers for Vacation Bible School, and Justin just looked at me and smiled. It felt right, and I wanted to get involved, so in July I'll be teaching VBS! I met a great woman who runs a lot of the youth events, and I look forward to joining a women's group as well.

As much as I don't want Justin to leave, things are at least coming together for while he's gone. I know that is helping out Justin's mind at ease - and that's the most important thing. He's going to have enough on his mind, and I don't want him too worried about me. I knew this was in the Army Wife job description when Justin and I decided to commit to this lifestyle. My husband is my hero, and I'm so proud of what he's doing. It's my job to support him, and that's what I'm going to do. He's so strong for me, and I owe the same thing to him. I'm so lucky to have him as my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment