Monday, April 12, 2010

My Furbabies.

I thought I needed a happy post, and since my furballs always make me happy, here it goes...

These sweeties made my day today. I was sitting in the recliner, and Carrie was asleep on the footrest. Kenny, wanting to lay with me, jumps up there too. There wasn't room for his 17 pound butt, so he just sat right on top of Carrie. Half of her little 7 pound self is under Kenny, and neither of them even cared. They just took a nap right there with me.

Photobucket

I adore them. I love sharing my furbabies!

This is Kenny. He was our first rescue, and we got him at the Pitt County Animal Shelter right after Justin and I moved in together in 2007. He'd been hit by a car, was missing half his tail, and was so sad and needy. He grabbed my jeans through his cage and cried. I picked him up, and he fell asleep purring on my shoulder. I knew we weren't leaving that shelter without him. He's rotten, huge now, and a total momma's boy.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then there is Reba. She was in the cage above Kenny at the shelter. She'd been dropped off my her owners when she got pregnant. The shelter let her have her kittens, and all of them were adopted out. They were about to put her down (breaks my heart to this day) and Justin had fallen in love. We went back the next day and adopted her, too. She is daddy's girl, and freaks out when he's gone for too long!


Photobucket
Photobucket

Then, there are the twins! Every year before my beloved Grandma Gladys passed away, my dad's whole side of the family would go to her house for Thanksgiving. At Thanksgiving 2007, my Grandma's neighbors had a bunch of animals running around their yard. No food, water, or shelter for them. There were 4 tiny little kittens, and my family decided to save them. Justin told me he was going to surprise me with a shelter kitten for Christmas, but that these kittens needed us now. My uncle and my cousin each took a kitten.  We were going to just take one, but we couldn't leave the last kitten all alone. So Carrie, and little runt Cash were the final furball additions to our family! They are crazy, and so much fun. And because of their hard start in life, they were very stunted in their growth. Compared to 17 lb. Kenny and 15 lb. Reba, Carrie and Cash only weigh 7 and 5 lbs. respectively.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Carrie
Photobucket

Cash
Photobucket

I don't car how "crazy cat lady" it sounds, these babies fill the holes in my heart when it hurts. They are my only friends some days, and they know when I'm sad. They make me feel needed when I feel useless, which is a lot lately. When Justin was gone for 9 months training, they kept me company and make me smile. Because of all that, I thought they deserved an entry all their own.