Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Time To Play Catch Up.

So I've been a massive blog slacker! Actually, it's just been a shift in priorities and this, and a lot of my internet time, have not made the cut. Justin will be deploying soon, and as much as possible, my time has been his. However, right now he is happily occupied with the Wii, so I thought I'd try and recap our life lately.

We went home at the beginning of May to NC. It was so nice to be able to go home, relax, and see our families. We also got to spend a night in our college town to see friends, and we had a blast. It was a much needed trip overall, and we were fortunate to get to make it.

I've been feeling a lot better lately. I'm eating completely differently. Better. And my friend Becca and I have been workout buddies with the 30 Day Shred! I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks with such simple changes. I have more energy, better self esteem, and I just feel good. It's a nice change.

The last 2 weeks have gone by pretty quickly - though that seems to be the case the closer it gets to Justin leaving. I do not like it one bit. He's had a ton to do to get ready, and things have been kind of crazy. This past weekend was nice though, because he got a 4 day holiday for Memorial Day. Last night we had a cookout with our neighbors and some other friends, and it was a lot of fun. We also got a giant kiddy pool that we've been thoroughly enjoying in this nice hot weather. Plus beer. Also enjoyable.

We've gotten all out blood work back from the RE, and all is well. In fact all of the testing we've gone through so far has come back normal. Which is good, yes, but it's hard not to have answers. I'm on 100 mg Clomid this cycle (currently CD15) and honestly, I'm not going to stress about this cycle. My husband, my very best friend, the love of my life - is about to go to Afghanistan for a year. I'm going to enjoy my time with him, and not freak out about the IF issues. We've done all we can at this point, and that's that.

We are going to Austin this weekend, our favorite! We managed to get a suite on 6th Street downtown, so we don't have to worry about traffic or a cab to go out. Thanks to an awesome tip from one of the TTCAL girls, we scored 2 gift certificates for each night we are staying for dinners! One to our favorite chinese place in Chinatown Center, and another to a rooftop place downtown. Very excited! I'm also lamely excited to go to Whole Foods. I've recently gone back vegetarian and there just isn't a lot of variety around here for that. I just can't wait for the trip, I know it will be so much fun. We just want to make the very most of the time we have together.

I'm going to miss him like I can't even describe. It breaks my heart and he's not even gone yet. It's been helping me a little to make plans. I'm trying to find us a new house, so that he's got something great to come home to. I'm going to be in school. I'm going to take Tae Kwon Do. I'm going to take dance. And I've been planning stuff for us to do on his R&R and when he gets home. It's helping by having things to look forward to.

Anyhow, I'm getting sad and I don't want to be, so I'm going to spend some time with the hubs.

2 comments:

Becca said...

15 pounds?!! Dang girl!! that's amazing! i'm so proud of you!! i totally fell off the wagon this week with the show. i've just been exhausted. i feel like such a slacker. plus i haven't really changed my diet a whole lot...so i definitely think you win on being motivated, sticking to the program and getting results! way to go chica! i love you!

Anonymous said...

live173視訊影音live秀
live173影音視訊live秀
live173影音live秀-免費視訊
live173影音live秀
showlive
showlive影音視訊聊天網
showlive聊天網
showlive視訊聊天網
玩美女人影音秀
live173

Post a Comment