I knew it was coming. I was getting to that age where the distance between where I'm at with life, and where some of my friends are, was just too vast to bridge. It's happened slowly but surely. Not to mention painfully. Little by little the people I spent my fun and free college days with have dropped from my life. I look at my amazing husband, and forget sometimes that we aren't the same 20 year old kids that think love, and a few cold drinks, is all you need in life. But we aren't those kids anymore.
We are 5 years older, a little bit wiser, and have slightly different priorities. I'm still crazy in love with Justin, just like I have been for years, and I'm lucky to have him as a husband and best friend. But we've changed. We've grown up together, and grown stronger as a couple. It's necessary to do that to keep a strong, healthy relationship - whether it's as husband as wife, or in friendships.
I lost someone from my life today that I didn't expect. I thought we had done such a good job growing in the same directions, had seen each other through some dark days, and some great times. Today I realized that sometimes, even if you think you're on the same page with someone, you might actually be in different books. When that happens, it's best just to just turn the page in your own book, and move forward. It hurts. Pretty deeply. It makes you question years of a relationship that maybe wasn't what you thought it was. But like they say - sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.
If you read the blog, you already know that my husband will be heading to Afghanistan very soon. The last thing I have is the time, patience, or energy to deal with drama. I'm still young, but I'm too old for that. If there is one thing I've learned from all that I've been through this year, it's that you find out who you friends are when things go bad. A real friend will happily support you, be a shoulder for you, and won't judge you - because they know you'll do the same for them. If someone expects those things from you, yet only tolerates you when you're not at your best - they aren't worth it.
I'm going to be okay. For every friend I've lost due to time, age, or situation - I've gained a wonderful one. I have amazing women in my life who respect where I'm coming from. Respect me. I am so blessed to have them.

3 comments:
((hugs)) i love you girl! and i know what you mean, so very much. while the growing apart hasn't been cut off so abruptly, so many of my "closest friends" do not even know or don't want to know what i'm going through. and that hurts. like i have to hide a huge part of my life to keep them happy. i am so blessed to have you in my life and consider you a dear friend and kindred spirit. love you girlie
(ps...no kidding...the word thing you have to identify to post a comment was just "ovelate" and i totally read it and typed "ovulate" haha)
I'm so sorry you've lost your friend. I've been out of college 7 years now and barely keep in touch with any of my close friends. It's so sad. You're a great woman and from what I can tell an amazing friend.
showlive聊天網
showlive影音視訊
showlive平台
ShowLive影音聊天網
showlive影音視訊聊天網
showlive
live173影音live秀 全台首創一對一 免費視訊
live秀live173影音視訊live秀-全台
live173影音live秀 每日限量特
live173 視訊美女
Post a Comment