...we will be finished with our pre-approval classes! Then it's constant prep and waiting for the home study to be scheduled. Hopefully that won't be too long, because the 'real' waiting starts after that. I had a really rough weekend, where I was so overwhelmed, I was starting to really doubt if I could handle it all. I know those moments are going to happen. I can't be strong and positive 100% of the time, but it can still be tough not to feel like a failure when I get overwhelmed. I'm so lucky though, as I have been for over 2 years now, to have such amazing friends. I feel loved by them whether I'm at my best, or at my worst, and that is pretty phenomenal to me.
I'm now looking for outlets here locally. The pets are great, the house keeps me busy, and so on. But I really want to have a little craft business. Or group or class of some sort. I will be going back to school again soon also. Something I've attempted, and then dropped too many times - but I really do need a degree that opens doors no matter where the Army sends us. That's been a challenge with my major from college, pre-marriage and military. I don't want to spend my time working frivolous jobs just because they are what my area has to offer. I'd rather add to my skills and education, so that I can get an actual career now that we will be here awhile. We also have some big decisions to make about our living situation in the future. As much as I work, the progress is still not enough to be comfortable long term. There is so much we can do, and have done, to make it look/feel nicer, and acceptable for home study. But, continuing to absorb the responsibilities of the problems that keep arising is so much added stress, and I'm just not happy with the road it's taking us down. No matter what call we make, it will impact everything else, so we are trying to weigh our options carefully.
Until then, more waiting!

No comments:
Post a Comment