Monday, February 20, 2012

Holding My Breath.

Tomorrow will be quite a telling day as far as this, and future cycles are concerned. I have three appointments in the morning; one for insulin resistance blood work testing, one for pre-conception counseling, and then a follow up with my RE. Tomorrow should also be CD1, and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I can get the ball rolling to do a treatment cycle this time. I was originally under the impression the the counseling was only about the use of blood thinners during pregnancy, should I get there again. When I called to find out about starting my medications for this cycle, I learned it was an all-inclusive counseling, and a pre-requisite of beginning a treatment plan. I finally got it all worked out scheduling wise, so that I have the counseling done in time to, theoretically, not be too late for this cycle. I just hope that when I see my RE tomorrow afterwards, that he's game to get this started, too.

I've been taking the P.laquenil for the lupus, and while I haven't been taking it long enough to notice pain improvement, my body is certainly reacting to it in the form of side effects. They are a bit scary if I don't keep an eye on them, so I'm trying to stay on the ball. I've also got all my G.onal F, hanging out in the fridge, thanks to a very generous friend, K! I've had enough of break time. I'm ready to do this.

Missing a cycle when you are TTC around a military training and deployment schedule is a big deal. Every chance that you miss out on before your soldier leaves for a year can seem crushing. What if *that* was the time it could have worked? What if one more cycle would help the RE find the right meds, and get it right, so that you're successful before he leaves? It's such a stressful combination, and I'm just holding my breath that I don't have to miss this chance.


2 comments:

The Farm-Marm said...

I'm praying everything went well for you! Thanks for following my lil ole blog =) I notice you are in TN too! Gotta love it here! My prayers are coming your way! Lots of super glue sticky baby dust comin your way!

The Farm-Marm said...

BTW I'm on a pretty awesome Facebook page if you're at all interested. It's a group of us girls who are going through the ttc phase, a lot are on different meds and seeing their RE's, most are on the tcoyf.com site, several of us have lost one or more babies due to unknown reasons. The site is awesome for support. I think there are a few military wives as well. If you're interested let me know. We'd love to have you!

Post a Comment